The Best Video Editing Software this 2017!

I know why you're here. You're a newbie in making videos and you want to make sure that you are using the best video editing software out there to learn and create awesome videos. In short, you're here because you want to find out what are the best video editing software for 2017!

Today is your lucky day as I have the answer to your question! I have been editing and creating videos for 6 months right now and I'm really learning fast with the help of two video editing software. 

What? Only two? 

Yes only two. I want to clarify things before we proceed. This post is not like those pages you see that give you suggestions about the best video editing software without even trying the software themselves. In 6 months time, I have tried almost every video editing software out there and I'm satisfied using just two.

So what are these?

The first one is Sony Vegas Pro and the next one is Adobe After Effects.

Why these?

The answer is pretty simple. Sony Vegas is more toward the newbies of video editing/creation. If you want to learn the basics of video editing, then you should try Sony Vegas first.
Now I don't want to sound like I'm advertising this software so I'll just cut this story short. What Sony Vegas does it gives you the basic idea on how to edit and create videos of your own. As I've said before, I tried so many video software and Sony Vegas is my first love. It has clean UI, easy to use and definitely worth every penny if you want to learn the basics of movie making.

Bonus tip: If you want to learn fast, then navigate through the "Interactive Tutorials" of Sony Vegas Pro to learn all the things you need to know about video editing/creation.
I have an example video below using Sony Vegas Pro:

After learning the basics, you can start trying the advanced mode of video editing. Now I'm not saying that Sony Vegas only offers basic stuffs as you can create awesome videos using this software. Just take for example the video above.

What I'm trying to say is, if you want a premiere looking video, then try Adobe After Effects. If you're looking to create animation and top-tier effects, then this is your video editing software!

This software is really amazing. At my first month creating videos with Sony Vegas, I said to myself that I will stick on using this software forever and then, a friend of mine suggested on using Adobe After Effects. I was really blown away on what this software can do! I mean, if your a fan of marvel movies or any other CGI and effects videos, then this is the software for you.

However, After Effects has a really complicated UI. Well, it's not really that complicated when you get the hang of using it but for beginners who doesn't know anything about movie making and just started, then this software will give you headaches at first.
It has a lot of options that are really hard to get acquainted with at first but when you finally get the hang of it, then you will definitely love this software. And yeah, once you know everything about Adobe After Effects, you can't stop creating videos! It's really that addictive to use. With all those options, the possibilities of creating great videos are endless.

Now I did not record any After Effects created videos lately but I just leave you with one really cool video from one of my favorite video maker creator, lonearcherfilms, which features what you can accomplish with after effects. Check it out below.

How was it? Awesome right!

Overall, these are the two software that I strongly recommend when creating awesome videos. Right now I have the two software as I have Sony Vegas Pro first before my friend introduced me to After Effects. If you can buy the two software then go get them but if not, then you can just choose one depending on your budget. After Effects is a bit costly at the moment so if you just want to use a video software to edit videos that you'll upload on youtube, then go with Sony Vegas. But if you are hardcore like me, and want to learn everything there is to learn about movie making, then I strongly suggest Adobe After Effects.

So that's all about it guys. Hope that this post have been useful for you. Be sure to check back later as my next post will be all about effects tutorials and other sort of stuff about creating videos using these two software. I will showcase here what I've learn over the past few months and of course, what I will learn in the near future. So stay tuned!

Comments

POPULAR POST

How to Fix "Cached Preview needs 2 or more frames to playback" Error in Adobe After Effects

How to Extract Audio Files in Any Videos Using Sony Vegas Pro

Welcome to Video Effects HQ